Captain America Premium Format

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Simon Fraser talks Lilly MacKenzie

With the first series of Lilly Mackenzie just finishing a triumphant run in the Judge Dredd Megazine, and the new series about to begin on the ACT-I-VATE site, we figure now was a good time to ask the series creator, all round sickeningly talented and nice guy Simon Fraser a couple of questions- and he even sent us a sneak peek at panel from the strip!



What can we expect from Lilly this time?


MUCH bigger, more characters, more backstory. The first Lilly story was very much about their personal jeopardy and their own lack of confidence in themselves. It's still a family saga, dealing with the consequences of past mistakes, but this time the stakes are much higher.



How long it it going to be?



I'm aiming for around the same length as the first one, so the pacing will be a little quicker.



Will it be published in the Megazine?



I think the reception from the Megazine was very good and that they do want the second part. My problem right now is that I am committed to the final arc of Nikolai Dante in 2011, so I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fit it all in.





Any chance of a collected print edition of this and the previous series?



It's sitting with several publishers right now. The problem is that the state of the market is making people a bit risk averse, so it's far from a done deal. I'll keep people up to date with progress when there is some.


Thanks, Simon!

No comments:

Post a Comment